This job posting is no longer active on DriverJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
PetroChoiceLocation: Milwaukee, WI 53295 Document ID: AC086-0OV2 Posted on: 2018-05-0105/01/2018 Job Type: Regular
Branch Operations Supervisor
PetroChoice, a leading distributor of lubricants, oils, fluids, and greases is currently recruiting a Branch Operations Supervisor for our Milwaukee, WI location due to growth. Our history is marked by consistent growth and expansion, which has significantly widened our scope of experience and capabilities as a lubricant distributor. Our mission is to provide lubrication solutions that create value for our customers. We will realize this mission through our commitment to our employees as well as to the highest standards of service, quality, integrity, and safety.
We are a premier distributor of lubricants and services to thousands of companies in many states including Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Jersey, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas, Colorado, and Nebraska among others. In fact, we distribute and offer our services from more than 50 locations in 32 states every day and include top brands of oils, greases, and other lubricants.
Position is Monday to Friday 6AM to 4PM - Some flexibility is required.
We offer a competitive starting salary, comprehensive benefit package, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, company paid life insurance, company paid long term disability and 401K.
Click the apply button to apply or visit www.petrochoice.com to see all of our current openings!
Include but are not limited to the following. The Company reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time. All work is to be completed with minimum supervision and in accordance with Company standards. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise, monitor, and coach the performance of the branch and branch personnel, including operating expenses and personnel productivity;
- Responsible for the receipt, storage, quality control, and reconciliation of all inventory for the branch;
- Process paperwork and forward data to the appropriate internal associates;
- Report truck and vehicle maintenance issues to the Fleet Supervisor, and assist on a local level with facilitating upkeep and repair of such equipment;
- Implement policies and procedures, and compile and maintain performance metrics with respect to the branch including:
- Incident logs and reports
- Service failures (backorders, on-time delivery, loading or receiving errors, etc.)
- Warehouse and Driver performance including adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Application or waiver of fees and lead times
- Quality control
- Oversee and maintain the cleanliness, condition, and operation of the branch and branch equipment;
- Assist customers, common carriers, and contractors at the branch;
- Consult and advise on the performance of branch personnel and equipment;
- Supervise, monitor, and implement Security, Health, Safety and Regulatory compliance in operation at the branch;
- Communicate with Human Resources as needed with respect to any performance issues, disciplinary action, staffing needs, hiring and termination of associates;
- Schedules monthly meetings and training for drivers and warehouse employees and additional training as needed;
- Applies knowledge of and adheres to government standards such as workers' compensation, DOT, DEP and applicable safety standards;
- Communicates with DOT and Risk Management Consultants as needed on issues or for clarification on DOT and/or OSHA regulations;
- Required to attend scheduled operations training conducted by DOT and Risk Management consultants
- Maintains a flexible work schedule to include irregular hours, weekend and holidays.
Directly supervises employees in the Warehouse. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accuracy & timeliness of deliveries, reports, records & paperwork
- Organization and orderliness
- Implementation of policies and procedures
- Occurrence of penalties or fines
- Facility and equipment appearance and operability
- Inventory Accuracy and Quality Control
- Efficiency and productivity
- Courtesy and professionalism
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- 2-4 years of related experience and/or training;
- Valid driver's license;
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Class A or B CDL strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other report writing and project planning software. Experience working in an ERP environment is desirable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment consists of office and warehouse conditions representative of distribution businesses nationally. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|More Jobs from PetroChoice|