This job posting is no longer active on DriverJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
PetroChoiceLocation: Elgin, IL 60120 Document ID: AC086-0OUY Posted on: 2018-07-2007/20/2018 Job Type: Regular
PetroChoice, a leading distributor of lubricants, oils, fluids, and greases is currently recruiting diesel mechanics for our Elgin, IL location due to growth. Our history is marked by consistent growth and expansion, which has significantly widened our scope of experience and capabilities as a lubricant distributor. Our mission is to provide lubrication solutions that create value for our customers. We will realize this mission through our commitment to our employees as well as to the highest standards of service, quality, integrity, and safety.
We are a premier distributor of lubricants and services to thousands of companies in many states including Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Jersey, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas, Colorado, and Nebraska among others. In fact, we distribute and offer our services from more than 50 locations in 32 states every day and include top brands of oils, greases, and other lubricants.
Position is Monday to Friday 6AM to 3:30PM - Some flexibility is required.
We offer a competitive starting salary, comprehensive benefit package, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, company paid life insurance, company paid long term disability and 401K. Company cell phone, uniforms and yearly work boot allowance is provided.
Click the apply button to apply or visit www.petrochoice.com to see all of our current openings!
Include but are not limited to the following. All work is to be completed with minimum supervision and in accordance with company standards. Other duties may be assigned.
- Diagnose and repair medium to heavy-duty trucks and trailers, including preventative maintenance, inspections, repairs to air and hydraulic brakes, tires, driveline, steering and suspension, electrical, mobile A/C refrigeration, and heating/cooling systems.
- Respond to emergency repair requests and other inquires. Often, requests are of emergency in nature and as such, employee must be available (on-call) during non-normal work hours, including nights, holidays and weekends.
- Identify, diagnosis, and resolve tractor and trailer issues with tachometer, speedometer, power steering, power-divider, u-joint, clutch, transmission, differentials, and electrical as related to lights, engine controls, and driver information displays.
- Diagnose and repair trailer components such as doors, floors, side panels, brakes, suspension, and lift-gates.
- Diagnose and repair petroleum pumping systems including pumps, dispensing hoses, piping, meters, and electrical dispensing displays and printers.
- Contribute to the goals of fleet management, as well as goals related to production of operations personnel.
- Utilize appropriate resources, such as parts manuals, computer, and other resources necessary to research problems to determine the most efficient/effective method to complete repairs.
- Understand and comply with established procedures and federal regulations with regard to federal and state regulations regarding safety and vehicle operation.
- Schedule periodic inventories of parts, tools, equipment, tanks, pumps, hoses and other applicable equipment.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow.
- Respond to and follows written and oral instructions.
- Complete duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Study and suggest methods of work and productivity effectiveness, while being a professional role model. To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mechanical truck and trailer experience preferred.
- Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - writes clearly; responds to emails from supervisors or others in a timely fashion.
- Change Management - develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; provides vision to peers and subordinates; displays passion and optimism; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision when required.
- Diversity - shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; supports a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve own performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions promptly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform with minimal or no supervision.
- Must be able to climb, bend, stand for extended periods of time, etc.
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or Diesel Technical school; or minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to use computer for emailing, filling out work orders and service reports, and willingness to learn new software and company driver and truck communication systems.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Be able to work in outdoor environment as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|More Jobs from PetroChoice|