This job posting is no longer active on DriverJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
PetroChoiceLocation: Dallas, TX 75201 Document ID: AC093-0N4H Posted on: 2018-03-2603/26/2018 Job Type: Regular
Bulk Pad Supervisor
PetroChoice, a leading distributor of lubricants, oils, fluids, and greases is currently recruiting a Dispatcher for our Dallas, TX location due to growth. Our history is marked by consistent growth and expansion, which has significantly widened our scope of experience and capabilities as a lubricant distributor. Our mission is to provide lubrication solutions that create value for our customers. We will realize this mission through our commitment to our employees as well as to the highest standards of service, quality, integrity, and safety.
We are a premier distributor of lubricants and services to thousands of companies in many states including Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Jersey, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas, Colorado, and Nebraska among others. In fact, we distribute and offer our services from more than 50 locations in 32 states every day and include top brands of oils, greases, and other lubricants.
We offer a competitive starting salary, comprehensive benefit package, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, company paid life insurance, company paid long term disability and 401K. Uniforms and yearly work boot allowance is provided.
Click the apply button to apply or visit www.petrochoice.com to see all of our current openings!
Include but are not limited to the following. The Company reserves the right to add to, delete, change or modify the essential duties and responsibilities at any time. All work is to be completed with minimum supervision and in accordance with Company standards. Other duties may be assigned.
- Posses and maintain a Class B CDL. Must have Hazmat and Tanker endorsements.
- Transports deliveries according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company; procedures and applicable DOT regulations;
- Operates company vehicle in a professional, safe, and courteous manner;
- Follows the daily delivery schedule or coordinates the most efficient deliveries by applying knowledge of customer schedules, peak delivery times, and alternate routes;
- Applies knowledge and abilities to safely load and unload deliveries according to size of load and content description
- Prepares a daily delivery schedule utilizing the electronic routing system and ensures efficient deliveries by applying knowledge of customer schedules, peak delivery times and alternate routes.
- Works with Operations/Facility Managers/Customer Service and determines daily driver staffing needs to ensure timely deliveries; utilizes route optimization to ensure excellent customer service.
- Applies knowledge of service area(s) to dispatch sufficient coverage and applies knowledge of delivery vehicle operation capacity to ensure delivery schedules are met.
- Applies knowledge of customer deliveries and driver credentials in order to assign the appropriate driver and vehicle.
- Monitors the daily delivery orders and allocates inventory to customers in a manner that best meets company and customer needs.
- Reviews the vehicle GPS tracking system and documents route deviations from the scheduled routes established by the electronic routing system on a daily basis.
- Resolves delivery problems that require immediate attention.
- Exercises independent judgment in determining routes to ensure efficient and the most effective delivery routes in delivering product to customers.
- Coordinates and communicates route information and planning to drivers.
- Assigns, directs, and supervises drivers' daily schedules.
- Coordinates remote tank monitoring and adjustment of delivery intervals.
- Ensures receipt of order check-in and delivery ticket return verification.
- Reviews backorders and recommends inventory stocking level adjustments as necessary to ensure proper product availability for delivery.
- Provides manifests and loading instructions to warehouse personnel as needed.
- Provides Operations/Facility Manager with performance results for drivers, including items such as correctly delivering product and following Dispatcher's instructions.
- Review and recommend policy and procedure changes and implement same.
- Travel to facilities, including overnight travel, as needed.
- Participates in work teams, including ones where contributions are made to the refinement of procedures and company policies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and managing product movement to our customers in accordance with the policies and procedures of PetroChoice. Responsible for ensuring service to our customers that is well balanced with productivity and efficiency of our operation.
- Responsible for interpretation and application of company policies, programs and Mission/Vision/Values.
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills are critical.
- Leadtime violations / On Time Delivery
- % Delivery Target
- Driver Overtime
- Daily volume per truck
- Courtesy and Professionalism
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from college or university; or at least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Valid driver's license - CDL - Class B
- Medical Card
- Hazmat Certification
- Tanker Endorsement
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of geometry and algebra. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be fluent in the use of computers and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other report writing and project planning software. Experience working in an ERP environment is desirable. Experience with Roadnet is preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is mostly required to sit; occasionally required to stand or walk.
|More Jobs from PetroChoice|