This job posting is no longer active on DriverJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
PetroChoiceLocation: Aston, PA 19014 Document ID: AC223-0LBF Posted on: 2018-07-2507/25/2018 Job Type: Regular
Warehouse Supervisor II
PetroChoice, a leading distributor of lubricants, oils, fluids, and greases is currently recruiting a Warehouse Supervisor II for our Aston, PA facility. Our history is marked by consistent growth and expansion, which has significantly widened our scope of experience and capabilities as a lubricant distributor. Our mission is to provide lubrication solutions that create value for our customers. We will realize this mission through our commitment to our employees as well as to the highest standards of service, quality, integrity, and safety.
We are a premier distributor of lubricants and services to thousands of companies in many states including Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Minnesota, Wisconsin, New Jersey, North Carolina, Florida, Tennessee, Kansas, Colorado, and Nebraska among others. In fact, we distribute and offer our services from more than 50 locations in 32 states every day and include top brands of oils, greases, and other lubricants
Reporting directly to the operations manager you will supervise and coordinate activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom, warehouse, or yard. Hours are Monday to Friday 10:00am to 7:30pm.
The ideal candidate will have an Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We offer a competitive starting salary; a comprehensive benefit package, including medical/dental/vision, 401K plan; paid time off; company paid long term disability and company paid life insurance.
Click "Apply" to apply to this position or visit www.petrochoice.com to view all of our current openings.
In this role, you will responsible for the following tasks, other responsibilities may be assigned as needed:
- Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving, and excess stock.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Monitors quality control and inventory control process to insure adherence.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
Directly supervises employees in the warehouse. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Interpersonal - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Change Management - develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Delegation - delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; gives appropriate recognition to others; displays passion and optimism; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Managing People - provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services.
- Diversity - shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
- Quality - demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security - observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word processing software; Microsoft Excel spreadsheet software and Profit 21 or other Enterprise Wide computer system.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
|More Jobs from PetroChoice|