This posting cannot receive an online application from your DriverJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Triple Crown ServicesDocument ID: A7216-0813 Posted on: 02/12/2014 Job Type: Regular
Triple Crown Services Company is now
HIRING Owner Operators in your area!
New Sign-On Bonus!
Triple Crown Services has an immediate hiring need for independent contractors your area.
OWNER OPERATORS WILL LOOK FORWARD TO:
- Home terminal most nights
- Weekly settlements
- Steady year round work
- Excellent rates
- ComData fuel cards
- On the road mechanical assistance
- Collision insurance
- Health / Dental / Life insurance
- Assistance for base plates
- Safety and service bonuses
- State of the art dispatch program
- Effortless communication system
- Lease Purchase Program! NEW!
- HOME EVERY DAY!
OWNER OPERATOR REQUIREMENTS:
- 23 Years of Age
- 1 year tractor/trailer experience within last 6 months
- Class A CDL
- Provide a late model tractor
- Safe driving record
- Pass government required substance abuse test
- Pass a DOT physical examination and meet all other DOT requirements
- Successful completion of a background investigation
- Be able to speak, read and write in the English language
- Provide 47 - 49 weeks of in service availability
TCS may aid you in the process of obtaining a tractor if you do not currently own one. TCS will assume no financial responsibility for your tractor payments or your qualification for a tractor loan.
If you own your own tractor or plan to provide one from an outside source, it must meet the following specifications
- Tandem axle
- TCS prefers that the tractor weigh 18,500 lbs. or less
- Tractors must be equipped with a 24-inch sliding fifth wheel, mounted to slide 12 inches ahead of and 12 inches to the rear of center. Our fifth wheel mounting requirements are 47" maximum from the ground
Registration and Permits
- The annual costs of the baseplate and Federal Heavy Vehicle Use Tax are the responsibility of the owner operator. If you already own yourbaseplate, it must be proportionally registered in the following states: AL, AR, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN,MO, MS, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OK, ON, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI, WV.
- If you elect to have TCS obtain your baseplate, the tractor will be plated and registered in the name of TCS. The base plate may be paid inone lump sum charged to your commission statement or can be deducted from the commission statement in equal payments not to exceed a 22-weekperiod.
In order for TCS to get your permits and/or baseplate, we will need the following information:
- Copy of Title showing you or your company as owner.
- Copy of the Bill of Sale
- Current DOT Inspection (within the last 30 days) - original copy
- 2290 or proof of FHVUT payment
- Certified tractor weight ticket ( with full fuel tanks)
- If you do not bring the proper paperwork, we may not be able to contract with you.
Review of Qualifications
The Department of Transportation ("DOT") has several requirements that must be met before drivers can be qualified. These requirements set forth minimum qualifications, including a general background and character investigation and a medical examination, which shall include one or more drug and alcohol tests.
All drivers seeking independent contractor status with the company must satisfy all DOT requirements as well as TCS policy guidelines.
To ensure accurate records and timely processing of qualification paperwork, all physicals and drug testing will be done in Fort Wayne while you are in orientation. If you have a condition that may affect your ability to pass a DOT physical, work with your personal physician to resolve the problem prior to coming to Fort Wayne. This will prevent any delays in processing you into the fleet.
In addition to the DOT substance abuse guidelines, TCS is subject to several other federal and state laws aimed at insuring a drug-free work place, including regulations under the Department of Defense, and a prohibition by the federal government against drugs and alcohol in the work place. To comply with these laws, TCS has a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
An investigation of all statements contained or communicated in independent contractor certification process
A medical examination, including drug and alcohol tests
To any physician or hospital furnishing any medical information with reference to you as may be necessary for the consideration of your independent contractor request for certification
Must be in good mechanical and cosmetic condition and must pass a current DOT inspection at an authorized TCS location.
DOT inspections must be done every 6 months
Note: Because of the weight and height of our 53 ft. trailers, the above requirements are very important. Please contact your TCS representative with any exceptions to the above specifications.
- “Triple Crown contracts locally so our owner operator partners have the ability to earn a good living while having time to spend with their families,” says Triple Crown’s Recruiting Manager Chris Eisenhauer. “We offer a very competitive rate package, including a health insurance program, for the owner operators. It’s really a great opportunity. In addition, we show our appreciation by paying our drivers more each year.”
- Triple Crown has the latest technology available, including a state-of-the-art dispatch program as well as a great lease purchase program for drivers who want to own their truck. Triple Crown is a leader in dry van truckload freight transportation that uses specialized equipment to bring rail-based services to a broader customer base.
- An affiliate of Norfolk Southern Corporation, it is the only company to combine over-the-road and on-the-rail transportation. Triple Crown has repeatedly been named the transportation industry’s best “Rail/Intermodal Service Provider” by Logistics Management magazine.”
- Headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Triple Crown services customers in the eastern United States and areas of Canada. It began operations in 1986 and now runs more than 7,000 RoadRailers® in twelve U.S. cities and Toronto, Canada.
CALL 1-800-756-7433 OR click
|More Jobs from Triple Crown Services|