This job posting is no longer active on DriverJobs.com and therefore cannot accept online applications.
This posting cannot receive an online application from your DriverJobs.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
RyderLocation: Villa Ridge, IL 62996 Document ID: AE023-0S71 Posted on: 2020-01-2101/21/2020 Job Type: Regular
2nd Shift Class A CDL Truck Driver
We have immediate openings for Class A CDL drivers who want you to join our team in Spring Hill!
About the position:
- Compensation: Hourly Rate of $19.21 + a $0.30 Shift Differential!
- Quality Home Time: Home Daily; Local Work!
- No Touch Freight; Drop and Hook
- Schedule: Monday - Friday; 2:00pm Start; Average 8 Hours per day!
- Holidays: 15 Paid Holidays/Year!
Call Nathan at 904-541-8575
or text "Spring Hill" to 904-337-9851
- PTO beginning in first year
- 24/7 industry leading emergency roadside assistance to get you up and running quickly. Over 800 maintenance facilities nationwide. If your truck is down, you still get paid.
- Be the captain of your ship - we trust you to make decisions to keep yourself and others safe! We are committed to driver safety.
- Travel companion policy - need to bring a family member on the road with you? They're our family too and because we know pets are family, this policy extends to them as well. *Select locations only
- Safest, reliable fleet in the industry
- Driver & employee appreciation events
- Driver of the Year program
- Driver mentor program that develops a culture focused on safety, support, trust, and respect.
- Career development opportunities to Certified Driver Trainer, management, and beyond.
- Team environment: Managers and dispatchers that you can trust. Get the respect you deserve. You have a voice in the company.
- Voted one of America's Best Employers by Forbes four years in a row.
We develop, take care of, and cultivate long-term careers!
Start with Ryder -Retire with Ryder
- Minimum 22 years of age
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Provide appropriate CDL and endorsements for the position
- Must have Class A verifiable experience in a tractor trailer or comparable vehicle:
- 12 months experience within the past 3 years, OR
- 2 years' experience within the last 5 years, OR
- 5 years' experience within the last 10 years
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures
Responsibilities This position is primarily responsible for safely driving a commercial vehicle and requires compliance with safety & DOT Regulations, continuous training and customer service.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detecting and eliminating or minimizing safety hazards Maintaining accurate records and logs
- Loading/Unloading freight or assisting in the loading/unloading of freight if required by customer
- Other tasks as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability & Veteran.
|More Jobs from Ryder|